[Numpy-discussion] ATLAS - support letter

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Apr 21 01:45:22 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 07:25:18AM +0530, pratik wrote:
> If the place where he is seeking tenure does not know his name (i.e
> hasn't heard of ATLAS) then it is not a good place to seek tenure in :) .

Scholars undervalue code and don't realise the difficulty and the amount
of work it takes to produce. More than once I have had colleagues tell me
that they valued a paper more than a software. It is important to show
that such software gives a large benefit to the scientific community.

Matthew, I didn't feel that I could do much to answer your call, but if
you feel different, please let me know.

Gael