[Numpy-discussion] Segmentation Fault in Numpy.test()

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Aug 2 13:12:12 EDT 2011

On 2 Aug 2011, at 18:57, Thomas Markovich wrote:

> It appears that uninstalling python 2.7 and installing the scipy
> superpack with the apple standard python removes the

Did the superpack installer automatically install numpy to the
python2.7 directory when present? Even if so, I reckon you could
simply reinstall python2.7 after the numpy installation (still calling
python2.6 to use numpy of course...).

> segfaulting behavior from numpy. Now it appears that just scipy is
> segfaulting at test "test_arpack.test_hermitian_modes(True, <std-
> hermitian>, 'F', 2, 'SM', None, 0.5, <function aslinearoperator at
> 0x1043b1848>) ... Segmentation fault"

Which architecture is this? Being on Snow Leopard, probably x86_46...
I remember encountering similar problems on PPC, which I suspect are
related to stability issues with Apple's Accelerate framework.

Cheers,
						Derek