[Numpy-discussion] Decimal arrays?

Travis Oliphant teoliphant at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:39:15 EDT 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:07, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

>>> I'll second this suggestion.  cdecimal is an extraordinarily carefully
>>> written and well-tested (almost) drop-in replacement for the decimal
>>> module, and well worth a try.  It would probably be in the Python
>>> standard library by now if anyone had had proper time to review it...
>>
>> Who would need to review it?
>>
>> I'm surprised this isn't in EPD... any ideas why?
>
> No one has asked for it, to my knowledge. We do provide it in our PyPI
> repository, so
>
>  $ enpkg cdecimal
>
> should install it if you are an EPD subscriber.

This should work with EPDFree even if you aren't an EPD subscriber as well.

The fact that cDecimal isn't in EPD is a good thing for you in this case.  Automatically built PyPI packages are provided to everybody as long as the package itself is not in EPD proper (to avoid our EPD customers getting "automatic" builds of core packages instead of our tested and verified builds).

-Travis