[Numpy-discussion] Question on LinAlg Inverse Algorithm

Mark Janikas mjanikas at esri.com
Tue Aug 30 18:48:18 EDT 2011

Hello All,

Last week I posted a question involving the identification of linear dependent columns of a matrix... but now I am finding an interesting result based on the linalg.inv() function... sometime I am able to invert a matrix that has linear dependent columns and other times I get the LinAlgError()... this suggests that there is some kind of random component to the INV method.  Is this normal?  Thanks much ahead of time,

MJ

Mark Janikas
Product Developer
ESRI, Geoprocessing