[Numpy-discussion] "upsample" or scale an array

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Dec 3 12:57:36 EST 2011

On 03.12.2011, at 6:47PM, Olivier Delalleau wrote:

> Ah sorry, I hadn't read carefully enough what you were trying to achieve. I think the double repeat solution looks like your best option then.

Considering that it is a lot shorter than fixing the tile() result, you
are probably right (I've only now looked closer at the repeat()
solution ;-). I'd still be interested in the performance - since I think
none of the reshape or rollaxis operations actually move any data
in memory (for numpy > 1.6), it might still be faster.

Cheers,
					Derek