[Numpy-discussion] NumPy Governance

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 08:16:03 EST 2011

On 12/4/2011 1:43 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:
> I don't think there are 5 active developers, let alone 11.
> With hard work you might scrape together two or three.
> Having 5 or 11 people making decisions for the two or
> three actually doing the work isn't going to go over well.

Very true! But you might consider including on any board
a developer or two from important projects that are very
NumPy dependent.  (E.g., Matplotlib.)

One other thing: how about starting with a "board" of 3
and a rule that says any active developer can request to
join, that additions are determined by majority vote of
the existing board, and  that having the board both small
and odd numbered is a priority?  (Fixing the board size
in advance for a project we all hope will grow substantially
seems odd.)

fwiw,
Alan Isaac