[Numpy-discussion] Problem with using PyArray_AsCArray

Chris.Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 9 15:33:05 EST 2011

On 12/9/11 11:25 AM, Ng, Enrico wrote:
> I am trying to pass a multi-dimensional ndarray to C as a multi-dimensional C array for the purposes of passing it to mathematica.  I am using PyArray_AsCArray but getting an error.

I understand that SWIG, Boost, et. al are perhaps too heavyweight for
this one use, but you might want to give Cython a try. It makes it
really easy to grab a numpy array (and tst it for compliance), and then
you can do whatever you want with the data pointer:

http://wiki.cython.org/tutorials/numpy

http://wiki.cython.org/WrappingNumpy (this one is marked as depricated,
but may be what you want in your case, as you do want a raw C array)

Some wore googling and browsing of the Cython list will likely yield
examples similar to yours.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov