[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Numexpr 2.0 released

srean srean.list at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:52:08 EST 2011

This is great news, I hope this gets included in the epd distribution soon.

I had mailed a few questions about numexpr sometime ago. I am still
curious about those. I have included the relevant parts below. In
addition, I have another question. There was a numexpr branch that
allows a "out=blah" parameer to build the output in place, has that
been merged or its functionality incorporated ?

This goes without saying, but, thanks for numexpr.

--  from old mail --

What I find somewhat encumbering is that there is no single piece of
document that lists all the operators and functions that numexpr can
parse. For a new user this will be very useful There is a list in the
wiki page entitled "overview" but it seems incomplete (for instance it
does not describe the reduction operations available). I do not know
enough to know how incomplete it is.

Is there any plan to implement the reduction like enhancements that
ufuncs provide: namely reduce_at, accumulate, reduce ? It is entirely
possible that they are already in there but I could not figure out how
to use them. If they aren't it would be great to have them.