[Numpy-discussion] numpy1.6.1 install fortran compiler error

Jack Bryan dtustudy68 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:21:39 EST 2011

Hi,
In order to install scipy,  I am trying to install numpy 1.6.1. on GNU/linux redhat  2.6.18.
But, I got error about fortran compiler.
I have gfortran. I do not have f77/f90/g77/g90.
I run :python setup.py build --fcompiler=gfortran
It woks well and tells me that
customize Gnu95FCompilerFound executable /usr/bin/gfortran
But, i run:
building library "npymath" sourcescustomize GnuFCompilerCould not locate executable g77Could not locate executable f77customize IntelFCompilerCould not locate executable ifortCould not locate executable ifccustomize LaheyFCompilerCould not locate executable lf95customize PGroupFCompilerCould not locate executable pgf90Could not locate executable pgf77customize AbsoftFCompilerCould not locate executable f90customize NAGFCompilerFound executable /usr/bin/f95customize Gnu95FCompilercustomize Gnu95FCompiler using configC compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC
Do I have to install f77/f90/g77/g90 ?
thanks