[Numpy-discussion] numpy1.6.1 install fortran compiler error

Jack Bryan dtustudy68 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:01:52 EST 2011

Hi,I run : python setup.py build
and got:
building library "npymath" sourcescustomize GnuFCompilerCould not locate executable g77Could not locate executable f77customize IntelFCompilerCould not locate executable ifortCould not locate executable ifccustomize LaheyFCompilerCould not locate executable lf95customize PGroupFCompilerCould not locate executable pgf90Could not locate executable pgf77customize AbsoftFCompilerCould not locate executable f90customize NAGFCompilerFound executable /usr/bin/f95customize VastFCompilercustomize CompaqFCompilerCould not locate executable fortcustomize IntelItaniumFCompilerCould not locate executable efortCould not locate executable efccustomize IntelEM64TFCompilercustomize Gnu95FCompilerFound executable /usr/bin/gfortrancustomize Gnu95FCompilercustomize Gnu95FCompiler using configC compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC.........
building extension "numpy.random.mtrand" sourcesC compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC
compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath -Inumpy/core/include -I/python272/include/python2.7 -c'gcc: _configtest.cgcc -pthread _configtest.o -o _configtest_configtestfailure.
then :
python setup.py install --prefix=/mypath/numpy
I got:
Running from numpy source directory.non-existing path in 'numpy/distutils': 'site.cfg'F2PY Version 2blas_opt_info:blas_mkl_info:  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /mypath/python272/lib  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib64  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib64  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib  NOT AVAILABLE
atlas_blas_threads_info:Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /
mypath/python272/lib  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib64  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib64/sse2  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib64  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib/sse2  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib  NOT AVAILABLE
atlas_blas_info:  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /mypath/python272/lib  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib64  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib64/sse2  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib64  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib/sse2  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib  NOT AVAILABLE
UserWarning:    Lapack (http://www.netlib.org/lapack/) libraries not found.    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [lapack]) or by setting    the LAPACK environment variable.  warnings.warn(LapackNotFoundError.__doc__)lapack_src_info:  NOT AVAILABLE

Lapack (http://www.netlib.org/lapack/) sources not found.    Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [lapack_src]) or by setting    the LAPACK_SRC environment variable.  warnings.warn(LapackSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)  NOT AVAILABLE
running installrunning buildrunning config_ccunifing config_cc, config, build_clib, build_ext, build commands --compiler optionsrunning config_fcunifing config_fc, config, build_clib, build_ext, build commands --fcompiler optionsrunning build_srcbuild_srcbuilding py_modules sourcesbuilding library "npymath" sourcescustomize GnuFCompilerCould not locate executable g77Could not locate executable f77customize IntelFCompilerCould not locate executable ifortCould not locate executable ifccustomize LaheyFCompilerCould not locate executable lf95customize PGroupFCompilerCould not locate executable pgf90Could not locate executable pgf77customize AbsoftFCompilerCould not locate executable f90customize NAGFCompilerFound executable /usr/bin/f95customize VastFCompilercustomize CompaqFCompilerCould not locate executable fortcustomize IntelItaniumFCompilerCould not locate executable efortCould not locate executable efccustomize IntelEM64TFCompilercustomize Gnu95FCompilerFound executable /usr/bin/gfortrancustomize Gnu95FCompilercustomize Gnu95FCompiler using configC compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC
compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath -Inumpy/core/include -I/remote/dcnl/Ding/backup_20100716/python272/include/python2.7 -c'gcc: _configtest.cgcc -pthread _configtest.o -o _configtestsuccess!removing: _configtest.c _configtest.o _configtestC compiler: gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC

compile options: '-Inumpy/core/src/private -Inumpy/core/src -Inumpy/core -Inumpy/core/src/npymath -Inumpy/core/src/multiarray -Inumpy/core/src/umath -Inumpy/core/include -I/mypath/python272/include/python2.7 -c'gcc: _configtest.cgcc -pthread _configtest.o -o _configtest_configtestfailure.
at the end:
running install_egg_infoRemoving /mypath/numpy/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy-1.6.1-py2.7.egg-infoWriting /mypath/numpy/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy-1.6.1-py2.7.egg-inforunning install_clib
Then
I got:
pythonPython 2.7.2 (default, Dec 20 2011, 12:32:10)[GCC 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51)] on linux2Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import numpyTraceback (most recent call last):  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>ImportError: No module named numpy

I have updated PATH for bin and lib of numpy.
I have got f2py and lib files :
add_newdocs.py   distutils          __init__.py   numarray        testingadd_newdocs.pyc  doc                __init__.pyc  oldnumeric      testscompat           dual.py            lib           polynomial      version.py__config__.py    dual.pyc           linalg        random          version.pyc__config__.pyc   f2py               ma            setup.pycore             fft                matlib.py     setup.pycctypeslib.py     _import_tools.py   matlib.pyc    setupscons.pyctypeslib.pyc    _import_tools.pyc  matrixlib     setupscons.pyc

Any help is really appreciated.
thanks