[Numpy-discussion] trouble building numpy 1.6.1 on Scientific Linux 5

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Tue Dec 20 16:32:46 EST 2011

In article
<CAFXk4brJwX_WhSh7v_b62Ug+3Q2CTqvEwgcTf-P-ATFE4hqVTQ at mail.gmail.com>,
 Olivier Delalleau <shish at keba.be> wrote:

> 2011/12/12 Russell E. Owen <rowen at uw.edu>
>
> > In article
> > <CABL7CQjeZMtsWcUPj0Kgfjz4XC4aRrwn24Bi3svzjwcc2t9ZWA at mail.gmail.com>,
> >  Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > tests

> > asked for gfortran)...

> > > I assume you have g77 installed and on your PATH. If so, try moving it
> > off
> > > your path.
> >
> > Yes. I would have tried that if I had known how to do it (though I'm
> > puzzled why it would be wanted since I told the installer to use
> > gfortran).
> >
> > The problem is that g77 is in /usr/bin/ and I don't have root privs on
> > this system.
> >
> > -- Russell
> >

> You could create a link g77 -> gfortran and make sure this link comes first
> in your PATH.
> (That's assuming command lines for g77 and gfortran are compatible -- I
> don't know if that's the case).

Interesting idea. I gave it a try (see P.S.), but it didn't help. I get
the same error in the unit test.

-- Russell

P.S.
-bash-3.2$ which g77
~/local/bin/g77
-bash-3.2$ ls -l ~/local/bin/g77
lrwxrwxrwx 1 rowen astro 19 Dec 20 10:59
/astro/users/rowen/local/bin/g77 -> /usr/bin/gfortran44
-bash-3.2$ g77 --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.4.0 20090514 (Red Hat 4.4.0-6)

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING