[Numpy-discussion] fft help

Torgil Svensson torgil.svensson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:21:46 EST 2011

This is because fft computes one-dimensional transforms (on each row).
Try fft2 instead.

//Torgil

fft(a, n=None, axis=-1)
    Compute the one-dimensional discrete Fourier Transform.

fft2(a, s=None, axes=(-2, -1))
    Compute the 2-dimensional discrete Fourier Transform

fftn(a, s=None, axes=None)
    Compute the N-dimensional discrete Fourier Transform.