[Numpy-discussion] core library structure

David david at silveregg.co.jp
Thu Feb 3 20:56:20 EST 2011

On 02/04/2011 06:50 AM, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> I like the thoughts on core-architecture. These are all things that we
> were not able to do as part of the NumPy for .NET discussions, but with
> the right interested parties could be acted upon.

I will be at Pycon this year from 11th to 13th february, the whole 3
conf days. So if anyone else from the team can make it, we can discuss
this further face to face.

As for the changes being discussed, I think it would be beneficial to
have a strategy on how to deal with new features and the release
roadmap. I am a bit worried about feature creap and a too ambitious
numpy 2.0 release. Can we prepare a 2.0 with refactoring as a good basis
for ongoing development, how does the .net "fork" fits into this
picture, etc... ?

Like everyone, I am excited by those discussions about new feature,
design, but I would suggest that we get a basic agreement on the main
goals of numpy 2.0, what can be delayed, what cannot.

cheers,

David