[Numpy-discussion] odd performance of sum?

eat e.antero.tammi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:53:51 EST 2011

Thanks Chuck,

for replying. But don't you still feel very odd that dot outperforms sum in
your machine? Just to get it simply; why sum can't outperform dot? Whatever
architecture (computer, cache) you have, it don't make any sense at all that
when performing significantly less instructions, you'll reach to spend more
time ;-).

Regards,
eat
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com