[Numpy-discussion] numpy docs dependency problem in Ubuntu

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Fri Feb 11 12:45:23 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 16:40, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> For Debian, we'd simply take those two separate source packages and split the
> binary packages among them as appropriate.

excuse me? I don't like this solution, or are you going to do all the
work in Debian to adapt to this proposal?

You have a problem in ubuntu? fix it there: take the full numpy
upstream tarball, rename it in numpy-doc, build only the doc, ship it
where it better fits for ubuntu policies, work done & no-one gets hurt
:)

> A split
> tarball approach from upstream would be easier to get into Debian, and thus
> keep us in sync.

ehm... you're speaking too fast here and without involving maintainers it seems.

Regards,