[Numpy-discussion] using loadtxt() for given number of rows?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Feb 14 11:41:17 EST 2011

On 2/14/11 8:28 AM, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> You can always read chunks of the file into StringIO objects, and pass
> those into loadtxt.

true, but there isn't any single method for loading n lines of a file
into a StringIO object, either. I"ve always thought that
file.readlines() should take a number of rows as an optional parameter.

not a big deal, now that we have list comprehensions, but still it would
be nice, and it makes sense to put it into loadtxt() for sure.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov