[Numpy-discussion] unwrap enhancement?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:45:46 EST 2011

I want to use unwrap to process a sequence of segments, such that the sequence
appears continous.  That is, unwrap maintains a state which represents a
multiple of 2\pi.  I want to continue that state with the next call to unwrap.
Or in other words, I'd like to specify an initial phase for the start of unwrap.

This could, of course, be done by concatenating the initial phase to the
beginning of the segment, but that is not very efficient (memory allocation,
copying, etc).  It would be nice to just add an optional initial phase arg to
unwrap.

Thoughts?