[Numpy-discussion] Question regarding submitting patches

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 5 12:50:16 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Justin Peel wrote:
> I've been submitting some patches recently just by putting them on
> Trac. However, I noticed in the Numpy Developer Guide that it says:
>
>   The recommended way to proceed is either to attach these files to
> an enhancement ticket in the Numpy Trac and send a mail about the
> enhancement to the NumPy mailing list.

For now, we should just remove the 'either'.  I will take a look at
how to reintegrate the changes into the master gitwash document later
tonight:
  https://github.com/matthew-brett/gitwash/blob/master/gitwash/patching.rst

Thanks for pointing out the grammatical error.

Jarrod

PS.  Just to be clear, the developer doc you are referring to is:
  http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/gitwash/patching.html
I just want to make sure that there isn't some old wiki page somewhere
that needs to be deleted.