[Numpy-discussion] Variable in an array name?

dstaley dstaley at usgs.gov
Wed Jan 12 10:31:31 EST 2011

Is it possible to use a variable in an array name?  I am looping through a
bunch of calculations, and need to have each array as a separate entity.
I'm pretty new to python and numpy, so forgive my ignorance.  I'm sure there
is a simple answer, but I can't seem to find it.

let's say i have a variable 'i':

i = 5

I would like my array to have the name array5

I know how I could do this manually, but not in a loop where i is redefined
several times.

any thoughts/comments/suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks.

-DS