[Numpy-discussion] Getting a clone copy of the NumPy repository.

Hector troy hector1618 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 08:09:41 EST 2011

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on this open source world, and sincerely
trying to make contribution to the development of Numpy. I was trying to
learn about making patches from
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/gitwash/patching.html  but unable to get
the clone of Numpy repository.

In the terminal error massage shown is -

    $hector at hector:~$ sudo git clone git://github.com/numpy/numpy.git
    [sudo] password for hector:
    Initialized empty Git repository in /home/hector/numpy/.git/
    github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection timed out
    fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
    $hector at hector:~$

My internet is quite good at the moment but unable to understand why am I
getting this error.
Any help regarding this will be extremely helpful and encouraging for me.
Thanking you in anticipation.

--
-Regards
Hector

Whenever you think you can or you can't, in either way you are right.