[Numpy-discussion] Tests Fail with MKL Installed

Jonathan Tu jhtu at princeton.edu
Wed Jan 19 18:29:59 EST 2011

Hi,

I installed numpy with MKL and found that the unit tests fail.  In particular, I get the error message

 FAIL: test_special_values (test_umath_complex.TestClog)

It says that this is a "known failure," specifically KNOWNFAIL=4.  Is this ok?  I saw from Googling that "The test failure indicates that your platform has a non-C99 compliant implementation of clog. Not fatal, but the test should be marked as a known failure on the platform."

I'm not sure what this means.  Would it be safer for my work to use a package w/o MKL that passes the tests?  I'm currently benchmarking to see what the slowdown would really be.

Jonathan Tu