[Numpy-discussion] 64 bit Windows installers for NumPy?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 22 07:28:47 EST 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Peter <
numpy-discussion at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe the problem has been been 64 bit fortran for ATLAS, the mingw
> > version has/had problems. A plain build using the MS compilers works fine
> > without ATLAS.
> >
> > Chuck
>
> Do you think there would be interest/demand for official non-ATLAS
> binaries as a short term solution?

I doubt this would add much to what's currently available unofficially.

> I'm thinking also of 3rd party Python libraries that use NumPy, and if
> they/we can ship a win64 installer if NumPy doesn't.

This is no problem of course. If I were you though, I would first consider
if it's not better to refer your users to the Enthought version, or the
builds provided by Christoph Gohlke for example.

Ralf