[Numpy-discussion] Wiener filter / decorrelation

Jonathan Rocher jrocher at enthought.com
Tue Jan 25 17:21:59 EST 2011

Actually I believe the version does matter: I have seen a C version of num
rec that doesn't contain all the algorithmic part but only the codes. I
cannot remember exactly which ones are the light versions. If I had to
guess, the F90 is also a light version and that's why I bought the F77 book.

Jonathan

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Daniele Nicolodi <daniele at grinta.net>wrote:
>
>> On 25/01/11 22:12, Jonathan Rocher wrote:
>> > I would recommend the Numerical recipes in Fortran 77, obviously not for
>> > the language but for its mathematical sections and its discussions of
>> > coding algorithms efficiently. Section 13.3 is about wiener filtering
>> > with FFT.
>>
>> Thank you, Jonathan.
>>
>> I took at look at my university library catalog, and the Fortran 77
>> version of Numerical Recipes is not available (I would have to get it at
>> the engineering faculty). There is available the Fortran 90, and the C
>> editions, plus another edition whose title is simply "Numerical
>> Recipes". Is the content of the different editions equivalent, or should
>> I look for this specific edition?
>>

> The edition/lanquage doesn't matter much. The older editions are available
> online, just google numerical recipes.
>
> Chuck

Jonathan Rocher,
Enthought, Inc.