[Numpy-discussion] Wiener filter / decorrelation

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Sat Jan 29 17:44:29 EST 2011

Didn't I recommend the C++ and Fortran versions of 2nd edition? I
particularly like the Fortran 90 edition as NumPy behaves like a vector
machine as well. (The algorithms are explained in the Fortran 77 text,
so they must be read together.)

I'd like to warn against NR in C (all algorithms contain illegal C) and
the third edition of NR (bloated and unorganised text, obfuscated C++),
as well as known NR problems (e.g. bad PRNGs, unstable SVD code, slow
FFTs, license).

Another book I recommend is Golub and van Loan's text on matrix
computations (1996). It explains the algorithms with array syntax
(Matlab inspired), as well as citing LAPACK and BLAS routines relevant
for the text.

Sturla