[Numpy-discussion] reading in files with fixed with format

Miguel de Val-Borro miguel.deval at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:51:40 EDT 2011

The function numpy.genfromtxt reads text files into arrays. There is an
example on how to deal with fixed-width columns using the delimiter
argument in the docstring and in the I/O chapter of the user guide:
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/basics.io.genfromtxt.html#the-delimiter-argument

Miguel