[Numpy-discussion] Missing Values Discussion

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 13:55:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/08/2011 08:58 AM, Matthew Brett wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just checking - but is this:
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Bruce Southey<bsouthey at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> The one thing that we do need now is the code that implements the small
>>> set of core ideas (array creation and simple numerical operations).
>>> Hopefully that will provide a better grasp of the concepts and the
>>> performance differences to determine the acceptability of the approach(es).
>> in reference to this:

>> ?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matthew
> Simply, I think the time for discussion has passed and it is now time to
> see the 'cards'. I do not know enough (or anything) about the
> implementation so I need code to know the actual 'cost' of Mark's idea
> with real situations.

Yes, I thought that was what you were saying.

I disagree and think that discussion of the type that Nathaniel has
started is a useful way to think more clearly and specifically about
the API and what can be agreed.

Otherwise we will come to the same impasse when Mark's code arrives.
If that happens, we'll either lose the code because the merge is
refused, or be forced into something that may not be the best way
forward.

Best,

Matthew