[Numpy-discussion] Error building numpy (1.5.1 and 1.6.1rc3) with python2.7 debug

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Sat Jul 16 05:34:00 EDT 2011

Hello,
while preparing a test upload for 1.6.1rc3 in Debian, I noticed that
it gets an error when building blas with python 2.7 in the debug
flavor, the build log is at [1]. It's also been confirmed it fails
also with 1.5.1 [2]

[1] http://people.debian.org/~morph/python-numpy_1.6.1~rc3-1_amd64.build

I think it might be a toolchain change in Debian (since 1.5.1 was
built successfully and now it fails), but could you please give me a
hand in debugging the issue?

Thanks in advance,