[Numpy-discussion] dtype repr change?

Jason Grout jason-sage at creativetrax.com
Fri Jul 29 11:14:39 EDT 2011

On 7/28/11 4:21 PM, Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,

>> Do you know if doctests supports any sort of manual intervention, like
>> a plugin system?
>
> Actually, I was going to ask you that question :)
>
> But yes, there's the NumpyDoctest nose plugin, for example.  Using it
> does mean you have to customize nose somehow - in numpy's case by
> using the 'numpy.test()' machinery.  Sympy I believe has a fair amount
> of machinery to work with doctests, but I haven't looked at that yet,

Sage also has a fair amount of machinery dealing with doctests.  Almost
all of Sage's testing is done in doctests (covering 85.4% of the Sage
library, which is 27833 functions).  All doctests must pass before a
release, and any new functions must have doctests.  We do also have some
unit tests, and there is sentiment that we should have more unit tests,
but the requirement right now is only for doctests.

Jason

--
Jason Grout