[Numpy-discussion] tighten up ufunc casting rule

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Jun 5 17:15:22 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 10:43:45PM +0200, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>    four in scikit-learn (plus two that don't
>    look related),

Yeah, some of these failures are due to numerical unstabilities in tests
(nasty ones, still fighting) and some simply to crappy code (HMMs are
hopeless :( ).

Now, with regards to the actual failures induced by the new branch, it
took me a while to understand why they where happening, and now I realise
that we probably should have explicit coercions at these locations.

Gaël