[Numpy-discussion] merging datetime progress

Mark Wiebe mwwiebe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 13:09:05 EDT 2011

I'd like to merge the changes I've done to datetime so far into NumPy master
today. It's a fairly big chunk of changes, with the following highlights:

* Abstract the ufunc type resolution into a replaceable function, for
datetime's type rules
* Remove the TimeInteger scalar type, make timedelta64 subclass from
signedint, and datetime64 subclass from the base scalar type
* Get the datetime functionality largely following the NEP.
* Partially remove the old API.

If anyone has time to review the changes, I would still greatly appreciate
feedback after merging just as much as before. :)

Thanks,
Mark