[Numpy-discussion] A bit of advice?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:02:24 EDT 2011

I have a set of experiments that I want to plot.  There will be many plots.
Each will show different test conditions.

Suppose I put each of the test conditions and results into a recarray.  The
recarray could be:

arr = np.empty ((#experiments,), dtype=[('x0',int), ('x1',int), ('y0',int)]

where x0,x1 are 2 test conditions, and y0 is a result.

First I want to group the plots such according to the test conditions.  So, I
want to first find what all the combinations of test conditions are.

Dunno if there is anything simpler than:

cases = tuple (set ((e['x0'], e['x1'])) for e in arr)

Next, need to select all those experiments which match each of these cases.  Now
I know of no easy way.

Any suggestions?  Perhaps I should look again at pytables?