[Numpy-discussion] Recommndations for an easy GUI

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Tue Jun 28 00:38:29 EDT 2011

I have an application which generates and displays RGB images as rate of several frames/seconds (5-15). Currently I use Tkinter+PIL, but I have a problem that it slows down the rate significantly. I am looking for a fast and easy alternative.

Platform: Linux
I prefer tools that would work also with python3

I looked at the following:
1. matplotlib's imshow: Easy but too slow.
2. pyqwt: Easy, fast, does not support rgb images (only grayscale)
3. pygame: Nice but lacking widgets like buttons etc.
4. PyQT: Can do, I would like something simpler (I'll rather focus on computations, not GUI)

   Nadav.