[Numpy-discussion] OpenOpt Suite release 0.33

Dmitrey tmp50 at ukr.net
Wed Mar 16 03:29:14 EDT 2011

 Hi all,
   I'm glad to inform you about new release 0.33 of our completely free
   (license: BSD) cross-platform software:

   OpenOpt:

     * cplex has been connected

     > * New global solver interalg with guarantied precision, competitor
       to LGO, BARON, MATLAB's intsolver and Direct (also can work in
       inexact mode)

     > * New solver amsg2p for unconstrained medium-scaled NLP and NSP

   FuncDesigner:

     * Essential speedup for automatic differentiation when
       vector-variables are involved, for both dense and sparse cases

     > * Solving MINLP became available

     > * Add uncertainty analysis

     > * Add interval analysis

     > * Now you can solve systems of equations with automatic
       determination is the system linear or nonlinear (subjected to
       given set of free or fixed variables)

     > * FD Funcs min and max can work on lists of oofuns

     > * Bugfix for sparse SLE (system of linear equations), that slowed
       down computation time and demanded more memory

     > * New oofuns angle, cross

     > * Using OpenOpt result(oovars) is available, also, start points
       with oovars() now can be assigned easier

   SpaceFuncs (2D, 3D, N-dimensional geometric package with abilities for
   parametrized calculations, solving systems of geometric equations and
   numerical optimization with automatic differentiation):

     * Some bugfixes

   DerApproximator:

     * Adjusted with some changes in FuncDesigner

   For more details visit our site http://openopt.org.

   Regards, Dmitrey.