[Numpy-discussion] how to loop read input over various file with same extension in a folder (newbie question)

Sachin Kumar Sharma SSharma84 at slb.com
Thu Mar 24 03:55:36 EDT 2011

Paul,

Appreciate your reply.

Cheers
Sachin

Sachin Kumar Sharma
Senior Geomodeler

-----Original Message-----
From: numpy-discussion-bounces at scipy.org [mailto:numpy-discussion-bounces at scipy.org] On Behalf Of Paul Anton Letnes
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:54 PM
To: Discussion of Numerical Python
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] how to loop read input over various file with same extension in a folder (newbie question)

One way is to use python dicts. Pseudocode:

arrays = {}
integer = 0
for file in allfiles:
	integer +=1
	data = file.read()
	arrays['a' + '%d' % integer] = data

I would consider using the filename as the key instead of a1, a2, etc. That way you have that information readily available as well.

Good luck,
Paul.