[Numpy-discussion] Ticket closing policy

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 25 05:56:08 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 4:22 AM, David <david at silveregg.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi Mark, hi all,
>
> I noticed you did a lot of cleaning in the bug trackers, thank you for
> helping there, this is sorely needed.
>
> However, I noticed quite a few tickets were closed as wontfix even
> though they are valid.

I checked all the wontfix tickets and reopened two, but I agreed with
the others. Never closing tickets if they are valid (even though it's
clear they will not be resolved anymore) is not a useful policy either
IMHO.

For example, the bug report of a build issue of numpy 1.0.1 on IRIX
could still be valid, but no more info or help on this ticket for 3
years. So close as wontfix. If a new IRIX user comes along and this is
still an issue, it can be reopened or a new ticket can be opened.

Cheers,
Ralf