[Numpy-discussion] loadtxt/savetxt tickets

Derek Homeier derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de
Sat Mar 26 10:20:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 26 Mar 2011, at 14:36, Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:11:46 +0100, Paul Anton Letnes wrote:
> [clip]
>> I hope you find this useful! Is there some way of submitting the
>> patches
>> for review in a more convenient fashion than e-mail?
>
> You can attach them on the trac to each ticket. That way they'll be
> easy
> to find later on.

I've got some comments on 1562, and I'd attach a revised patch then -
just
a general question: should I then change "Milestone" to 1.6.0 and
"Version"
to 'devel'?

> 1562:
>    I attach a possible patch. This could also be the default
> behavior to my mind, since the function caller can simply call
> numpy.squeeze if needed. Changing default behavior would probably
> break old code,

Seems the fastest solution unless someone wants to change numpy.squeeze
as well. But the present patch does not call np.squeeze any more at
all, so I
propose to restore that behaviour for X.ndim > ndmin to remain really
backwards
compatible. It also seems easier to code when making the default
ndmin=0.

Cheers,
						Derek