[Numpy-discussion] 1.6.0b1 half float buffer bug?

Eli Stevens (Gmail) wickedgrey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:42:44 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Eli Stevens (Gmail)
<wickedgrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to go about writing
> a unit test for this?  Or should I just submit a pull request?

I've gotten a bit of positive feedback to adding the 'e' type to the
struct module on the python-ideas list (per my understanding, not
before python 3.3, but I don't think that should hinder adoption in
other libraries), so I'd like to ask again about unit testing a change
like this.  Can anyone offer some advice for where to start?

Also, what kind of timeframe / cutoff am I looking at to get this into
1.6.0 or 1.6.x?

Thanks,
Eli