[Numpy-discussion] 1.6.0b1 installs stuff in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/doc

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:32:10 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 12:00, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:
>> I'm looking at updating the numpy package in Fedora rawhide to 1.6.0b1.  It
>> appears to install a bunch of suff in /usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/doc
>> (see below for examples).  This seems wrong.  Thoughts?
>
> That is indeed wrong. It's caused by the following in setup.py:
>
>    # we want these files also in binaries/installed files, so it belongs here
>    # instead of in Manifest.in
>    config.add_data_files(('doc/cython/'),
>                          ('doc/pyrex/'),
>                          ('doc/swig/'))
>
> Maybe those three dirs should be moved from doc/ to numpy/doc/ in the
> source tree?

It's not clear to me how they were included in the Windows .exe
installer originally (the original ticket that led to this
change[1088]). I don't think it was through the generic setup.py. The
proper fix would probably be something specific to each binary
installer.

[1088] http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1088

--
Robert Kern