[Numpy-discussion] Willing to contribute to SciPy & NumPy ...

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 31 16:29:23 EDT 2011

On 3/31/11 12:04 PM, Anthony Scopatz wrote:
>     A good place to get started is helping out with documentation (see
>     http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/).
>

> Actually, according to the Jacob Kaplan-Moss's talk at PyCon this year
> (http://pycon.blip.tv/file/4881071/)

Nice talk -- thanks for the link.

> (with which I am inclined to agree), documentation is probably not the
> best way to get started.

I agree as well. However, I think newbies can be a great help in
identifying holes in the documentation -- so when documentation is
missing or unclear, ask here, and then you'll have something to contribute.

-Chris

> Do check out the developer zone, maybe search the the open tickets and
> see if there are any bugs you want to tackle.
> Maybe write some tests for untested code you find.

Good ideas as well, of course.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov