[Numpy-discussion] loadtxt/savetxt tickets

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 22:34:35 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Paul Anton Letnes
> > <paul.anton.letnes at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

If you look in Trac under "All Tickets by Milestone" you'll find all
> nine tickets together under 1.6.0. Five are bug fixes, four are
> enhancements. There are some missing tests, but all tickets have
> proposed patches.

OK. I changed 1562 to enhancement because it adds a keyword. With that
change the current status looks like this.

Bug Fixes:

1163 -- convert int64 correctly
1458 -- make loadtxt unpack structured arrays
1071 -- loadtxt fails if the last column contains empty value, under
discussion
1565 -- duplicate of 1163

Enhancements:

1107 -- support for blocks of data, adds two keywords.
1562 -- add ndmin keyword to aid in getting correct dimensions, doesn't
apply on top of previous.
1616 -- remove use of readline so input isn't restricted to files.
1731 -- allow loadtxt to read given number of rows, adds keyword.
1752 -- return empty array when empty file encountered, conflicts with 1616.

Some of this might should go into genfromtxt. None of the patches have
tests.

Chuck