[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Numpy 1.6.0 release candidate 2

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 14:37:38 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:24 PM, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Ralf Gommers
> <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Christoph Gohlke <cgohlke at uci.edu>
> wrote:

> >> Looks good. The msvc9/MKL builds now pass all tests on win32 and
> >> win-amd64, python 2.6, 2.7, 3.1, and 3.2.
> >
> > Good, thanks for testing.
> >>
> >> One scipy test failure reported earlier remains, but that is probably no
> >> release blocker.
> >> <
> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2011-April/055877.html>
> >
> > That's a problem in scipy.stats, that only showed up recently because
> > of a bug fix in numpy.testing.
>
> Sorry, I don't have 1.6 to test, but what are assertions like
>
> np.testing.assert_array_less(2, np.inf)
> np.testing.assert_array_less(np.array([ 0.911,  1.065,  1.325,  1.587]),
> np.inf)
>
> supposed to be with numpy 1.6 ?
>
> The same as what they were before ideally, but I get an AssertionError. No
tests for assert_array_less, so I missed this. The easiest way to fix this I
can think of is to add a switch to assert_array_compare that determines
whether or not to special-case nan/inf.

What do you think about these ones:
    >>> assert_array_less([1, np.inf], [2, np.inf])
    >>> assert_array_less([1, np.nan], [2, np.nan])
They both pass now. The first one did not with 1.5, the second one did (I
think). It seems to me that there's no obvious answer, it's just not very
well-defined.

Ralf