[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Numpy 1.6.0 release candidate 2

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Wed May 4 19:10:54 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of the second release
> candidate of NumPy 1.6.0.
>
> Compared to the first release candidate, one segfault on (32-bit
> Windows + MSVC) and several memory leaks were fixed. If no new
> problems are reported, the final release will be in one week.
>
> Sources and binaries can be found at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.6.0rc2/
> For (preliminary) release notes see below.
>
> Enjoy,
> Ralf

Minor issue I just noticed on my recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 machine.
The setup script is making a call to 'svnversion'.  Doesn't impact the build
or anything, but I only noticed it because svn hasn't been installed yet on
that machine.  Don't know if it is something that ought to be cleaned up or
not.

Otherwise, all tests on my machines (Fedora 13 x86 python 2.6, and Ubuntu
11.04 x86, python 2.7) work just fine.  I will be testing some of the
changes to file-loading later tonight.

Good release!
Ben Root