[Numpy-discussion] Documentation errors

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat May 14 12:48:16 EDT 2011

On Sat, 14 May 2011 09:45:12 -0600, Charles R Harris wrote:
[clip]
> These are generated by the .. autosummary:: command, so the error
> probably lies there.

The problem is that the signature of these routines is written as

	remainder(x1, x2[, out])

and not as

	remainder(x1, x2, out=None)

on the first line of the docstrings. The autosummary part tries to
truncate the argument list if it is too long, but its parser chokes on
the nonstandard syntax.

> Also, what is the easiest way to generate the reference guide for
> testing purposes?

cd doc
export PYTHONPATH=wherever-you-installed-numpy
make html

or just

make dist

> Can the autosummary command deal with classes that are
> only generated when modules are imported? I want to document the new
> polynomial classes but they are generated on the fly from templates.

Yes.

	Pauli