[Numpy-discussion] Linear assignment problem: Jonker-Volgenant algorithm

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon May 16 08:53:40 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> Following a suggestion by Joseph, I am trying to implement the
> Jonker-Volgenant algorithm for best linear assignment in Python, using
> numpy. Unsuprisingly, it is proving time-costly. I cannot afford to spend
> too much time on this, as it not to solve a problem of mine, but for the
> scikits.learn. Thus I was wondering if someone had a BSD-licensed Python
> version of the algorithm that he would be willing to share.

I was at a presentation two weeks ago where open source software for linear
assignment was referenced, so I think some is available, although that part
went by so quickly I might have missed something. I still don't know what
linear assignment does, but that is another problem...

Chuck