[Numpy-discussion] Windows dev-build Numpy 1.6.1

Wieland Brendel wielandbrendel at gmx.net
Wed May 18 14:42:14 EDT 2011

I succeeded now in installing the latest Numpy version. There was some
problem in mingw32ccompiler.py. I had to change the lines

              elif self.gcc_version < "4.":
                  self.set_executables(compiler='gcc -mno-cygwin -O2 -Wall',
                                       compiler_so='gcc -mno-cygwin -O2
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes',
                                       linker_exe='g++ -mno-cygwin',
                                       linker_so='g++ -mno-cygwin -shared')
              else:
                  # gcc-4 series releases do not support -mno-cygwin option
                  self.set_executables(compiler='gcc -O2 -Wall',
                                       compiler_so='gcc -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes',
                                       linker_exe='g++ ',
                                      linker_so='g++ -shared')

into

             else:
                 self.set_executables(compiler='gcc -mno-cygwin -O2 -Wall',
                                      compiler_so='gcc -mno-cygwin -O2
-Wall -Wstrict-prototypes',
                                      linker_exe='g++ -mno-cygwin',
                                      linker_so='g++ -mno-cygwin -shared')