[Numpy-discussion] How can Import DATA from a Fortran file

Olivier Delalleau shish at keba.be
Fri May 20 09:22:08 EDT 2011

StringIO(data_file_name) will not read your file, it will just allow you to
read the string data_file_name. You can probably just use
open(data_file_name) (and yes,you'll probably need to open it for each call
to genfromtxt).
Sorry my script didn't work, I definitely didn't expect it to work right
away, it was more to give you an idea of the kind of stuff you could do
manually. I'd expect it should be pretty straightforward to fix it. I
personally find it easier to write my own custom code to load such small
data files, rather than try to find the right parameters for an existing
function ;) (especially with mixed float / string dta).

-=- Olivier