[Numpy-discussion] datarray -- a couple of questions

Ben Walsh ben_w_123 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 22 10:49:48 EDT 2011

Hi

I've been looking at various labelled-array packages, including Pandas
(https://github.com/wesm/pandas) and datarray
(https://github.com/fperez/datarray).

I was quite interested in the design discussion for datarray, and I had
a couple of questions:

1) Is this mailing list the correct place to ask about this?

2) Pandas supports mixed data types (eg. one column of floats, another
column of strings). Does the datarray prototype support this? Is it
simply a case of using a numpy.ndarray with dtype='object'?

Cheers

Ben