[Numpy-discussion] Numpy question

Talla jtalla at gmail.com
Thu May 26 04:37:38 EDT 2011

Hello
I installed python2.7 and numpy on windows XP and the installation goes very
smooth, now when I am trying to run a python script to get the band
structure I got the following message:

C:\Python27>python AbinitBandStructureMaker.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "AbinitBandStructureMaker.py", line 16, in <module>
    from Numeric import *
ImportError: No module named Numeric

C:\Python27>
In addition when I run import command I got ('import' is not recognized as
an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.)

Therefore, It seems to me it is not getting the correct path for numpy and
therefore "AbinitBandStructureMaker.py" can not be executed properly , I
tried to set the path variables with no luck. I need to get over this as it
consumes all my time.

Your help is really appreciated. Talla