[Numpy-discussion] Numpy question

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu May 26 04:44:44 EDT 2011

Thu, 26 May 2011 11:37:38 +0300, Talla wrote:
[clip]
> C:\Python27>python AbinitBandStructureMaker.py Traceback (most recent
> call last):
>   File "AbinitBandStructureMaker.py", line 16, in <module>
>     from Numeric import *
> ImportError: No module named Numeric
>
> C:\Python27>
> In addition when I run import command I got ('import' is not recognized
> as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.)
>
> Therefore, It seems to me it is not getting the correct path for numpy
> and therefore "AbinitBandStructureMaker.py" can not be executed properly
> , I tried to set the path variables with no luck. I need to get over
> this as it consumes all my time.

The script that you are trying does not use Numpy, but Numeric.
Numeric is an obsolete predecessor for Numpy, and its development
was discontinued in 2005.

You can find it here:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/Old%20Numeric/24.2/

No pre-made binaries for Python 2.7, for obvious reasons, however.

--
Pauli Virtanen