[Numpy-discussion] Contribution

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Fri May 27 14:41:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 27 May 2011 21:47:24 +0400, Dmitriy Rybalkin wrote:
> My name is Dmitriy and I'am a computer science master student of
> Australian National University and, to be honest, not a good
> programmer, though I found that Numpy/Scipy project has a good
> Cookbook and I thought I could contribute to the Numpy project by
> showing some examples of simple classification techniques (Fisher
> discriminant function, Naive Bayes) which use numpy functions. So,
> So, I'am inquiring about such contribution and some details:
> can I do that and, if yes, then how can I submit such example or should
> I only modify the Wiki page and request the permission?

Yes, further examples in the Cookbook are very welcome.

You do not need a separate permission: the Cookbook is open for
everyone to edit. You only need to create an account first:
http://scipy.org/UserPreferences

To add an entry to the Cookbook, first edit the main page

    http://scipy.org/Cookbook

and add a link to a sub-page there to a suitable section. E.g.

 * [:Cookbook/Simple Classification:Simple Classification]

or someting similar under the "Scientific Scripts" section. After
saving the edit, click this new link to create the new page.

--
Pauli Virtanen